Thursday, September 30, 2010

Army of Women

As you know, in February of 2007 I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I had a lumpectomy, chemotherapy and radiation and am now in my third year of medication.  I was 47 when I was diagnosed and it was through a routine mammogram.  So I'm a tireless proponent of having a mammogram every single year, no excuses.  When was your last mammogram?????

I am also taking part in the Army of Women.  What is this you ask???

"The Army of Women initiative, a program of the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, funded by a grant from the Avon Foundation for Women, is recruiting ONE MILLION WOMEN of all ages and ethnicities, with or without breast cancer, to sign up and participate in breast cancer research studies. If we can get ONE MILLION WOMEN involved in research, we are one step closer to understanding the cause of breast cancer and how to prevent it."


Head on over to their website, take a look and I hope you will sign up!

Army of Women


No comments: